Friday, March 4, 2011

Eye of round roast, take 2. And work!

I made an ill-fated attempt at cooking a roast last fall. I'm not altogether sure why, given the fact that I all but get nauseous thinking about that roast, but I've decided to take another crack at it.

So I chopped up some onions and shallots and minced a whole lot of garlic and dumped that in a plastic freezer bag, along with the 2 1/4-pound roast.

Who ever went wrong with red meat, onions, garlic and shallots? Hopefully, I won't be the first.

Drawing from the marinade recipes I leafed through, I threw in some soy sauce, cracked black pepper and a hefty dose of kosher salt for good measure.

When it's ready to go in the crock pot (which is the one cooking method I'm always successful with) tomorrow, I'm going to bore a hole in the middle, and--get ready for it--stuff it with BACON.

I contend that there is nobody in the history of the universe who has ever made something that involves beef, bacon, garlic, shallots and onions taste bad. Especially when slow cooked, maybe in some red wine or something. IT'S JUST NOT POSSIBLE. (I hope.)
Above: does not look edible, but will hopefully be spectacular. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also! I've signed two new clients in the past few weeks, one for an SEO retainer and the other for a website that I'll be building. So far, Paraphrase Media's new direction is working for me!

2 comments:

  1. Garlic, shallots & BACON - oh my! Looking forward to seeing great success with both your roast and new clients!

    <3 Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks james! how are you doing? taking chicago by storm, i imagine?

    ReplyDelete